|When/Where.||Services. ||See text for details.||DIAL-A-RIDE BUS
DIAL-A-RIDE BUS provides transportation at no charge for Southington residents aged 55 & over and for people with disabilities. To provide efficient, reliable, safe transportation to all our riders, some specific guidelines are being put into place. Your cooperation is anticipated & appreciated. Our primary objective is to provide the service that you need in a timely and reasonable manner.
*Medical Appointments: We request seventy-two hours (72 hrs/3 business days) notification be given for all medical appointments, especially for out-of-town appointments. You may schedule up to a month in advance.
*We cannot accommodate same day requests.
*Please schedule in-town medical appointments between 9-11 am and 12:30-2:30 pm.
*Out-of-town medical transportation will be provided as follows, please plan accordingly: Mondays & Wednesdays: Plainville, New Britain & Meriden Midstate (app'ts between 9:30-1:00pm); Tuesdays & Thursdays: Plainville, Bristol & Farmington (app'ts between 9:30am-1:00pm); Friday: Please call for out-of-town schedule.
* Shopping: Tuesdays & Thursdays with pick up times starting at 9:00am. Shopping returns will begin at 12 noon on both days. Rides to hair appointments can be scheduled on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Shoppers, please call Calendar House on Thursday mornings for following week's shopping schedule. (Requests made after 12 noon on Thursdays may not be accommodated.)
* Monday through Friday rides are provided to & from Calendar House for lunch, activities, programs & appointments.
*Please call 860.621.3014 to make your appointments. Thank you.
|See text for details.||SENIOR COMMUNITY CAFE
PHONE: 860.621.6738 HOURS: 10:30 - 12:00 Signup sheets are provided daily in the Main Hall. You may sign up on a daily or weekly basis, but you must sign up at least 24 hours in advance. You must also call to cancel meals. Suggested donation: $2.50. The program is limited to individuals 60 and older.
|See text for details.||ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
PLEASE DO NOT CALL TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT UNTIL AFTER OCTOBER 1ST.We will begin taking applications for the Energy Assistance mid October.
Income guidelines for this program are $33,880.60 for Single Individual and $44,305.40 for a couple. Liquid Asset limits are $12,000. per household for renters and $15,000. per household for homeowners. All assets over these amounts will be counted as toward total income.
TWO (2) COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION FOR THIS YEAR (2017) ARE REQUIRED:
1. All pages of most recent 2017 financial statements prior to application date (both sides even if blank!). They must include all income, including year-to-date interest and assets (stocks bonds annuities CD's IRA's and all other accounts that can be liquidated). INCOME INCLUDES: Social Security (if receiving SS Disability, must provide up-to-date documentation); Pensions; Income from family/friends; Employment (4 most recent pay stubs if paid weekly/2 most recent if paid monthly; Unemployment (proof of weekly benefits received from Dept of Labor); ALL other forms of income including self-employment (special form provided).
2. Utility Bills most recent bill for primary source of heat - Eversource Electric/Gas, Oil or Propane Company.
Make sure your deliverable fuel company participates in the Energy Assistance Program.
3. Rent or Mortgage Receipts
4. Proper form of identification - Proof of residency.
Call Calendar House at 860-621-3014 for an appointment.
IF YOU DON'T PROVIDE ALL PAGES OF DOCUMENTATION, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE DENIED.